Winner of a Silver Keystone Award from the Central PA Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America
“Well executed plan using variety of effective tactics. Effort yielded great placement on local television stations.”
– Praises from PRSA Keystone Award Judges
Holla Spirits, a millennial-owned spirits company, partnered with PRworks to conduct a media relations campaign announcing the latest addition to the Holla vodka lineup, Salvadili.
The pickle-flavored vodka was developed in partnership with Epic Pickles, a craft pickle company based in Dallastown, which is just a few miles from Holla Spirits’ hometown of York, PA. The launch celebrated two local companies teaming up together to combine two craft favorites into a unique new product.
In collaboration with Holla, PRworks developed a media relations campaign to generate awareness of Salvadili and the local partnership that created the product.
The approach included:
- Researching local journalists and trade media journalists to target for the Salvadili announcement
- Developing key messages and pitch notes
- Developing and distributing a news release and media advisory
- Preparing Holla Spirits and Epic Pickles leaders for media interviews
- Identifying a local restaurant that serves Holla vodkas as an event location
- Developing talking points and visual activities for TV news segments
- Coordinating a media opportunity and providing on-site guidance
- Sustained pitching and media follow-ups
Holla Spirits President and CEO Patrick Shorb and Epic Pickles CEO Rob Seufert were featured in five live segments on FOX43 Morning News, which reached over 46,000 viewers in the target area of York and the greater Central Pennsylvania market.
Segment focuses included:
- Introduction of Salvadili and Holla Spirits
- Simple at-home cocktail with Salvadili
- Introduction of Salvadili and Epic Pickles
- Salvadili and the Holla-Epic partnership story
- Salvadili and Holla’s on-the-go packaging
FOX43 aired several teasers and talk-backs for the segments throughout the morning. The segments and an article also were posted on the station’s website.
Additionally, FOX43 reporter Bryanna Gallagher posted coverage to her social media accounts throughout the morning generating engagement among her 3,400+ fans.
Shorb and Seufert also were interviewed for recorded segments that aired on Pennsylvania ABC and CBS affiliates. The recorded clip also aired on WHTM ABC27’s Sunday morning broadcasts and in the station’s “The York Report.” ABC27 reporter Aimee Lewis shared the recording to her 2,380+ fans on social media.
Overall, the live and recorded broadcasts reached an audience of 149,670.
The Salvadili story also was reported by five national industry media outlets:
- Modern Distillery Age
- Beverage Daily
- Cheers Online
- Spirited Magazine Online
PRworks Earns Three Awards from PRSA Central PA Chapter
Case Study: Digital Strategy Breaks Record for Community Theatre
Case Study: Multimedia Campaign Promotes Whitaker Center’s Holiday Attractions